Coming Soon: LGBTQ+ New Housing Development
DRAW’s ethos of Positive Impact Design will be accomplished by understanding external and internal spatial impact, going beyond aesthetics to understand the cultural + social impact, and utilizing our radically resourceful process to design with empathy + activism.
- Create site and interior design that prioritizes safety and accessibility and fosters a welcoming environment.
- Provide private exterior spaces for residents at each individual cottage and communal exterior space(s) that include amenities for different age ranges, such as a fire pit, children’s play equipment, etc.
- Affirm safe access to housing for resident security and peace of mind through well-lit exterior spaces, unobstructed views of open spaces, etc.
- Improve safety and security of existing house site through enhanced lighting, potentially provided gated driveway, etc., to discourage non-residents from driving on site.
- Implement passive and sustainable design strategies for energy efficiency and resident health, comfort, and wellbeing.